NED products are the core of the interoperable networking capability of JTRS. NED develops and delivers portable, interoperable, and transformational networking waveforms (WNW, SRW, MUOS) to fully enable JTRS mobile ad hoc networking capability, and Legacy Waveforms to maintain current force interoperability. NED Network Management/Services products deliver mobile networking capability with the ability to plan, manage, and monitor JTRS networks which allow U.S. warfighters, at the tactical edge, from all military services, to access and share relevant information in real time.
JTRS NED is responsible for the development, sustainment, and enhancement of interoperable networking and legacy software waveforms. NED’s product line consists of: 14 Legacy Waveforms (Bowman VHF, COBRA, EPLRS, Have Quick II, HF SSB/ALE, HF 5066, Link-16, SINCGARS, UHF DAMA SATCOM 181/182/183/184, UHF LOS, VHF LOS); three Mobile Ad-hoc Networking Waveforms (Wideband Networking Waveform [WNW], Soldier Radio Waveform [SRW], and Mobile User Objective System [MUOS]–Red Side Processing); and Network Enterprise Services (NES) including the JTRS WNW Network Manager (JWNM), Soldier Radio Waveform Network Manager (SRWNM), JTRS Enterprise Network Manager (JENM), and Enterprise Network Services (ENS).
JTRS NED manages the development of Software Waveforms targeted to operate on platforms such as the Ground Mobile Radio (GMR), the Handheld, Manpack, and Small Form Fit (HMS) radios, the Airborne and Maritime/Fixed Site (AMF) radios, and the Multi-function Information Distribution System (MIDS) radios. The JTRS NED software development and sustainment efforts leverage commercial technology and employ open-system architecture to better ensure interoperability and portability of each waveform. JTRS NED develops networking waveforms to support wireless networking with Global Information Grid connectivity for deployed warfighters at the tactical edge. In addition, NED provides network management and network services software for the planning, execution, configuration, and monitoring of the JTRS radios and networks including route and retransmit services between networking and legacy waveforms.
- Legacy waveform upgrades planned (VHF/UHF LOS, HQII, Bowman, EPLRS, Link-16)
- Networking waveforms/management completed Formal Qualification Testing (FQT), in JTRS Information Repository (IR) (WNW 4.0.X, SRW 1.01.1c, SRWNM 1.0R, JWNMv4.1.X, SRWNM v1.0+, ENS/SoftINC); Interim versions in JTRS IR (TTNT v6.0)
- Legacy waveforms completed FQT, in JTRS IR (VHF/UHF LOS, HQ II, COBRA, SATCOM 181/182/183/184, SINCGARS, EPLRS, JTRS Bowman, Link-16, HF)
JTRS Increment 1
|14 Legacy Waveforms
- Bowman VHF
- Have Quick II
- HF SSB/ALE
- HF 5066
- UHF DAMA SATCOM 181/182/183/184
- UHF LOS
- VHF LOS
|3 Networking Waveforms
- Wideband Networking Waveform (WNW)
- Soldier Radio Waveform (SRW)
- Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) - Red Side Processing
|Network Enterprise Services (NES)
- JTRS WNW Network Manager (JWNW)
- SRW Network Manager (SRWNM)
- JTRS Enterprise Network Manager (JENM)
- Enterprise Network Services (ENS)