AMF JTRS connects warfighters together with robust information assured networked communications while maintaining legacy capability during the transition years. AMF is capable of legacy waveform communications, reducing the cost to maintain and supply legacy devices during information capability migration. Measured per unit of warfighting capability delivered, AMF JTRS provides an affordable transition solution.
AMF will provide a four-channel, full duplex, software-defined radio integrated into airborne, shipboard, and fixed-station platforms, enabling maritime and airborne forces to communicate seamlessly and with greater efficiency through implementation of five initial waveforms (i.e., Ultra-High Frequency Satellite Communications, Mobile User Objective System, Wideband Network Waveform, Soldier Radio Waveform, and Link 16) providing data, voice, and networking capabilities. JTRS AMF is software-reprogrammable, multi-band/multi-mode capable, mobile ad-hoc network capable, and provides simultaneous voice, data, and video communications. The system is flexible enough to provide point-to-point and netted voice and data, whether it is between Service Command Centers, Shipboard Command Centers, Joint Operations Centers or other functional centers (e.g., intelligence, logistics, etc.).
AMF will assist U.S. Armed Forces in the conduct of prompt, sustained, and synchronized operations, allowing warfighters the freedom to achieve information dominance in all domains; land, sea, air, space, and information.
- Small Airborne (SA) Engineering Development Model (EDM) First Article Delivery (4QFY11)
- Delivered pre-production representative unit to the Army’s AH-64D Long Bow Apache to support platform integration (Sep 2010)
- Initial Hardware Software Demonstration – SA (Aug 2010)
- Completed System Critical Design Review (Dec 2009)
- Air-to-Air-to-Ground SRW demonstration (Jun 2009)
- System Development and Demonstration contract awarded (Mar 2008)
JTRS Increment 1
- AH-64D Longbow Apache
- CH-47F Chinook
- UH-60M Blackhawk
- FCS Class IV UAV
- KC-10A Tanker/Cargo
- C-130 E/H AMP
- DDG-51 Class
- CVN-68 Class
- CG-47 Class
- Navy Fixed Stations