Note: You can gain access to the base if you have Car Decals AND a Common Access Card (CAC). If you have a rental car and show your rental car agreement along with your GOVT card, you can also get onto the base. Otherwise, you will need to submit your visit request to NMAWC at least five (5) business days prior to meeting. If a visit request is not received within this time frame prior to visit, please coordinate with your GOVT or Contractor support to arrange for an escort onto the base.
JPAS Visit Request Procedures (preferred method)
- Submit visit requests five (5) business days prior to arriving to San Diego via JPAS using SMO Code 40472A. If you are unable to comply with the mandated timeline requirement for gate access, ensure that your JPEO JTRS government or contractor point of contact you plan to visit is notified immediately by telephone or e-mail.
- Contact the JPEO JTRS Protocol Officer by telephone at (619) 524-1680 for any questions regarding the visit request.
Non-JPAS Visit Request Procedures
- Submit a visitor request on your company letterhead to the NMAWC Base or use the form provided. Ensure that visit request is signed by your security officer (if passing clearance information) or supervisor. Include the following required information: Name, SSN, date of birth, place of birth, citizenship, purpose of visit, duration of visit and provide name of JPEO JTRS POC.
- Fax your visit request to (619) 524-4522. All requests for access must be received by JPEO JTRS five (5) business days prior to a visit for processing by our regional security office. If you are unable to comply with this timeline requirement for gate access, ensure that the JPEO JTRS government or contractor point of contact you plan to visit is notified immediately by telephone or e-mail.
- If you use company letterhead or stationary, ensure all fields in the form provided are transposed into your document to prevent undue delays.